Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Rule out Writer's Block

  Rule out Writer's Block with this fun game. 

Yes, no excuse for writer's block anymore.  My granddaughter showed me a game recently and I thought this is just not for kids.  It can be easily be implemented for my writer's block situation.   

The game I played with my nine-year-old granddaughter is called 'Tell Tales' and available in Amazon.  I am not an affiliate and I may not rush to go buy it spending money unless I want to impress other nine-year-old kids. 



Materials: 

Several tiny objects were hidden in a not-see-through pouch or you can keep your eyes closed while covering the objects under a piece of cloth.

Method:

You have to take out 8 objects and tell a story.

Extensions:

You may get a piece of paper and write it with a timer or sand timer on. 

You both may write and read to each other at the end of the time.

You may choose to write three pages or two pages instead of setting a timer. 

You may use the enclosed stack of cards for the setting of your stories.

How I implemented it in adult writing:

I collected various different small things like a single earring, an orphan sock, a hair clip, an old theater ticket, a restaurant bill, bus ticket from a coat pocket that I had taken in one of my vacations etc. 

 I also have a stack of old pictures ( before the digital life that did not get the honor to be in cherished albums.) These are excellent for memoir entries. It is working. 

I am sure if you are a writer you must have tried various suggestions too. Please share some of YOUR ideas that worked. I love to see comments at the end of the day. 
   



No comments:

Post a Comment